Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some liberties with the Rifle Prayer:

This is my Harley. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Harley is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My motorcycle, without me, is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless. I must ride my Harley faithfully. I must ride straighter than the cagers who are trying to kill me. I must see him before he crashes into me.
My Harley and I know that what counts in life is not the rides we take, the noise of our exhausts, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the exhiliaration of the ride that counts.
My Harley is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its Engine and its Tranny. I will keep my Harley clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
Before God, I swear this creed. My Harley and I and my fellow riders are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our highways. We are the saviors of our lives.
So be it, until Harley is America's only motorcycle and there are no crotch rockets or idiot cagers, but the peace only a rider knows on the road!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
I hope Beer was involved . :thumbsup :)
Probably whiskey...I do my best thinking while drinking
Jim Beam (Devil Cut) :biker:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Took some liberties with the Rifle Prayer:

This is my Harley. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Harley is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My motorcycle, without me, is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless. I must ride my Harley faithfully. I must ride straighter than the cagers who are trying to kill me. I must see him before he crashes into me.
My Harley and I know that what counts in life is not the rides we take, the noise of our exhausts, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the exhiliaration of the ride that counts.
My Harley is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its Engine and its Tranny. I will keep my Harley clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
Before God, I swear this creed. My Harley and I and my fellow riders are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our highways. We are the saviors of our lives.
So be it, until Harley is America's only motorcycle and there are no crotch rockets or idiot cagers, but the peace only a rider knows on the road!
Semper HarleyDavidness

·
Registered
123 Posts
Semper Fi

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very Nice! thanks for the post

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
KD, finally scanned in picture of my Dad. 2nd Marine Division. Sometime in 1945.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts