·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know how you can crash in a parking lot :rofl:
Very common with sportbike tires. There's a "release" chemical on the tires from the factory, to get them out of the manufacturer's molds. Not "scuffing" a set of tires in long enough and/or giving a bike hard throttle, or hard cornering results in lost traction and a video for our entertainment.

Cold tires can result in the same thing.

The dude on the Harley that drilled the parked car....... that's just sad.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,192 Posts
I've watched that video a lot before, that guy weighs at least 250 and the bike at least 850, Is it my imagination, or does that thing jump like a frog when he first gets on it? I have to wonder if he didn't just get it back from having it made into a 120 cubic inch monster motor or something.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Very common with sportbike tires. There's a "release" chemical on the tires from the factory, to get them out of the manufacturer's molds. Not "scuffing" a set of tires in long enough and/or giving a bike hard throttle, or hard cornering results in lost traction and a video for our entertainment.

Cold tires can result in the same thing.

Whoa... the drilling of that car wasn't just a simple dump of the bike :eek:

And yes, new tires do need to be scrubbed in. Heard a recent story of a Denver motorcycle cop getting new tires on his Kawasaki police cruiser. The dealership is across from a busy outdoorsy restaurant. Early evening as the dealership closes and the dinnertime tables are full, the policeman leaves and decides to put on a watch-me-accelerate show. Crashed in front of everyone as the rear slipped out. Slick new rear tire.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whoa... the drilling of that car wasn't just a simple dump of the bike :eek:
No....you're absolutely right Steve. That was Darwin hard at work. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts