1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Maybe time people defund Ford and stop buying their vehicles , the more people delve into these companies and their foundations and expose this the better .
These people sell their own people out ,

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Damn! In my H.S. days on, until the 1990's i was a hard core Chevy fan. Util one fateful day i woke up and realized that every single weekend i was having electrical issues with at least one of the vehicles (4 in the driveway). I switched to Mopar. The damn chassis falls apart around the power-train. (Nothing but squeaks, rattles and the damn tail gate on my 2500 ram 4x4 literally fell off on the freeway). Okay, made the switch to Ford. Great trucks! IMO.. Now this kinda B.S. Well, I guess Toyota is next move....

Reactions: English Triker

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
Interesting how major corporations all over the country are bending over and butt kissing a group that represents less than 14% of it's nation's total constituency plus a few outside recruits but will flip the old middle digit to the larger group. Already know what their ultimate goal is, but hard to se how the smaller mass seems to be controlling the larger.

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems many corporations are bending to these social extortion movements, having been a life long Ford customer, this issue gives me pause!
Been a Chevy guy all my life including Dad and Grandpa.
Any way look into founder Henry Ford. Liked Hitler, built factory in Germany and I believe he was Anti Semitic. Nonsense is still running in Ford Family.

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Let me share an experience or two. Ford pissed me off with my last Ford vehicle and it really was my LAST Ford. But, many years ago, we bought my wife a slightly used 2000 Toyata 4-Runner, two wheel drive. Can't remember the mileage on it but it was low and the vehicle had never been licensed, only driven by dealership staff. Fast forward to, I think, 2009. Wife coming home on the slab and something happened. She didn't have a clue. Had it towed to a place that did all our work and we trusted them. The 4-Runner blew a head gasket at 9x,xxx miles. They fixed it, and while they were in there they replaced the timing belt. Everything was around $1,100. Later my wife was talking to someone at work and they told her about a friend/neighbor/relative who had a problem, called Toyota, and Toyota took care of whatever the problem was. So, what's to lose? Wife called Toyota, told them what happened, they asked for her VIN number, not a problem. A day or two later Toyota called wife back, said there was maybe a "design issue" on some of their V-6 motors and asked her to send them copies of the bills. She did. In a week or so wife got a check from Toyota for around $1,000. They knocked off the cost of the timing belt but paid for everything else including towing. And that was on a vehicle 9 years old with over 90,000 miles on it and the work wasn't done by a Toyota dealer. Kudos to Toyota!

In 2012 I was looking for a good deal on a late model SUV. I wanted a Toyota Sequoya but didn't want to pay that much so I bought a 2011 Chevy Tahoe that had been a rental car for 6-7 months and had 15,xxx miles so I was a happy camper but often I think maybe I should have coughed up the additional funds and bought a Sequoya. I previously had a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4WD with the double cab and I never had the first problem/issue with the Tundra.

·
Registered
38,971 Posts
Whenever I see a Toyota TRD, I cant help but think it could be a TURD.... All it needs is U.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
I am old enough to remember (and ya doesn't have to be THAT old) when anything with "Made in Japan" was considered a very bad joke and to be avoided. Also remember when the mantra was "Buy Made in USA". Now, you have to hunt for the USA stuff, even after the jobs started coming back, and on top of that, we have to deal with owners who are not necessarily loving their neighbors. Not my idea of the greatest marketing strategy.

·
Noel
8,495 Posts
Any way look into founder Henry Ford. Liked Hitler, built factory in Germany and I believe he was Anti Semitic. Nonsense is still running in Ford Family.
Yup, aware of that sordid history, recall it being alluded to the Harley and the Davidson's mini-series a few years ago, but times change or so I had believed, not so much worried about Nazi collaboration these days but this BLM crap has me dissatisfied.

I had brief experience with Chevy had (Z28 [used] & Vette [used]) and Dodge (Aspen [used} & Neon {new}) all those experiences had negative incidents and reliability. Not saying Fords are perfect but it seems I've had fewer problems. I've considered going GMC a few times, might consider it when my 2012 F250 PSD reaches end of life which is a long time off with only 36,000 miles at the 8 year mark.

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had brief experience with Chevy had (Z28 [used] & Vette [used]) and Dodge (Aspen [used} & Neon {new}) all those experiences had negative incidents and reliability. Not saying Fords are perfect but it seems I've had fewer problems. I've considered going GMC a few times, might consider it when my 2012 F250 PSD reaches end of life which is a long time off with only 36,000 miles at the 8 year mark.
70 Z/28 solid car but it had evil spirts. Ready to sell her, would take a shit. Three times I tell yah!!. Two Vettes 68 and 77.

·
Registered
38,971 Posts
I've considered going GMC a few times, might consider it when my 2012 F250 PSD reaches end of life which is a long time off with only 36,000 miles at the 8 year mark.
GMC is made on the same assembly line as Chevy. I wont buy GM again. I like their motors, hate their interior. Cheap ass materials. Premium leather seats cracking. Cheap plastics. My Cobra and my mom's Edge are in a different league quality wise.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
GMC is made on the same assembly line as Chevy. I wont buy GM again. I like their motors, hate their interior. Cheap ass materials. Premium leather seats cracking. Cheap plastics. My Cobra and my mom's Edge are in a different league quality wise.
Yep! The last time i was shopping for a Chev truck ( When i bought the Dulley) There was a Truck at the GMC dealership in Norco, CA that had a GMC tail gate but a Chevrolet glove box emblem, Yep it was brand spanking new. :p

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May start handing out Lay Off Notices. Lefties just love bite the hand that feeds them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts