Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RETURN TO FORK MOUNTED WIND DEFLECTORS TO COMBAT THE HEAD BUFFETING AND VISION DISTORTION

The 2 pictures are of a Harley part and an after market. The Harley part works per posts here, but I like the looks of the smaller J&P product; however I don’t know how well it works on our bikes. It looks like the J&P would let more wind hit the engine for cooling also.

Can anyone shed some light ? Thanks

deflector 1.jpg
Harley

deflector 2.jpg
J & P

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I have Harley ones on my EG and like them?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Which one are previous post talking about. They were changed and the old ones discontinued. I looked in to these last year or so. The spacing between them and what Kawasaki uses on their Vulcan's are almost identical, just need to make one of the holes a little bit bigger. I passed because the new ones have HD punched in them. Just putting that out there if you are looking at older post, you may be getting opinions about the older ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the ones from HD. Just like the picture, works great. On my Vulcan I had smaller one similar to the ones in your picture. They also worked.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used the Kuryakyn 1312 on my Heritage Classic and like them because they have air slots that you can open when it's hot. Check them out you might like them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts