Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be installing chrome lowers on my 14 SG and most of it I'm comfortable doing , my only concern is installing the new fork oil seals as it shows using a special tool , is there something else that will work , any other tips would also be appreciated .

·
Registered
42,546 Posts

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
That's a great video, keeps it simple.

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kainam , that's a great video with some good tips too like the custom wrench :thumb

·
Retired citizen
24,344 Posts
The forks don't have to be removed from the triple trees to put chrome lowers on.
I watched the video and the guy is going the extreme and walking thru the procedure slow ! I like his homemade tools tho ! Gives me some ideas !
I can put chrome lowers on a bagger, start to finish, in 2 hours and ready to roll ! $90.00 plus parts !

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
The forks don't have to be removed from the triple trees to put chrome lowers on.
I watched the video and the guy is going the extreme and walking thru the procedure slow ! I like his homemade tools tho ! Gives me some ideas !
I can put chrome lowers on a bagger, start to finish, in 2 hours and ready to roll ! $90.00 plus parts !

You make house calls...?

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I should have mentioned upper covers too , won't I need to remove the fork tubes to install the new upper slider covers ?

My indy will do them for $50 , if I bring the fork assembly's in .

·
Retired citizen
24,344 Posts
Guess I should have mentioned upper covers too , won't I need to remove the fork tubes to install the new upper slider covers ?

Yup ! The covers come off from the top. Gotta take the forks out of the triple trees.

·
Registered
42,546 Posts

You mean the cowbells?

2 bolts on the lower fork clamp hold those on. (start at 2:38)

Not sure how he can change the cowbells by you bringing in the fork assemblys. :confused

·
Retired citizen
24,344 Posts
Yup, cowbells and the forks gotta come all the way out. Just chrome lowers and the forks can stay in the triple trees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts