Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the softail upper fork tubes (inner tube) could be used on an electra glide. Anybody know is this is true? Are the forks for these two bikes interchangeable?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I know the lowers are different. Single side caliper vs dual caliper. Not sure about upper. Sorry

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I assume you are talking about an FL softail?

Even then, the part numbers are different.

·
Registered
40,086 Posts
Even then you have to remember that some FLH and FLT have one cartridge and one traditional damper, others have two cartridge, and others have two traditional dampers....

depends on year.

I put FL Softail tubes on my FX Softail, only difference was the length.

Need more info in your case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have much info about them. I have an 02 Ultra Classic & have been looking for some fork tubes online all week. The only ones I find are either for an 84-99 model or are almost $400. I found some on ebay for an 03 softail. Thats all the info that is posted about them

·
Registered
40,086 Posts
If that's all they say about the Softail tubes, I'd assume they are talking about a FX Softail.

They'd be about 3.5" longer (24 1/2") than your FLH tubes (20 7/8"), and they wouldn't be the correct ones for the cartridge internals of the left side 2002-2005 FLH.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive decided to just go ahead and order brand new ones. A local shop quoted me at $220 for the pair and can have them to me the next day. I dont wanna take any chances lol I think Ive learned my lesson from before when someone told me a certain exhaust would fit my bike...which didnt. No more "interchangeable chances" lol Thanks for all the replies though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts