Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the Sportster Forum and did not come up with anything but was wondering if anyone has these and what they think of them, Accutronix. I ordered some yesterday and was just curious if anyone had used or seen them before and what they think. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I know that they sell quality products at Accutronix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I get my extensions today and will post before and after photos once installed. I will also post my my comments about them just invade anyone else is looking into extensions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
So you already have forward controls and this will extend them further or this will be your forward controls?

I'm finding I'm too tall for my Sportster and want to get forward controls. Too many to choose from and it's a little confusing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike already has the factory forward controls and these have extended them further. I went for a ride and its WAY more comfortable of a ride posture. I will post before and after pictures when we get home from dinner.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I forgot to take a picture of just the forward control without my foot on the peg. But you can still see the difference. Overall I like the feel but the only thing I can't figure out is how to make the brake lever sit at a better angle, it's just to flat for my liking. I mean it is still totally usable. I have the linkage adjusted out as far as I can before it starts to rub.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1372117516.714014.jpg

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
So I forgot to take a picture of just the forward control without my foot on the peg. But you can still see the difference. Overall I like the feel but the only thing I can't figure out is how to make the brake lever sit at a better angle, it's just to flat for my liking. I mean it is still totally usable. I have the linkage adjusted out as far as I can before it starts to rub.
View attachment 85642

That looks like a great mod for comfort, for tall riders of course (I don't have that problem :D ). Pretty cool.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Yeah now I think I need to get new handlebars so I don't have to lean forward so much. The current handlebars are stock and don't draw back that far.

Handlebars or pull back risers if you like your current bars. Amazing the improvement that makes to riding position and comfort. But the process of trying to find the right amount of pullback to get is a pita (when trying to avoid wasting money on stuff that ultimately does not work for you).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Handlebars or pull back risers if you like your current bars. Amazing the improvement that makes to riding position and comfort. But the process of trying to find the right amount of pullback to get is a pita (when trying to avoid wasting money on stuff that ultimately does not work for you).
I just don't know. If I change the risers I would have to get a new speedometer I think? The speedo seems to be part of the stock riser. Ugh all I can hear is a vacuum sound as the money is being pulled from the wallet :-( Oh well you have to pay for the stuff you really want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts