Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and a new Harley owner with a question. I purchased a 2014 Superlow 1200T and was wondering if anyone has a Sportster that they installed the forward control kit on. I haven't picked up the bike yet but after sitting on it at the dealership I feel I need the foot controls moved up and am wondering if it's a difficult process to install the kit. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or input

·
Registered
543 Posts
I put a Kuryakyn Deluxe fwd control kit on my Sportster a few years ago. I went with the deluxe because the standard kit just looked and felt cheap.

The instructions were clear and I had no problem following them. It only took 3-4 hours to do. I suggest buying a lift if you don't already have one. It will make this job and others a lot easier. Sears sells one that quite a few people here like, as does Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed one on my previous bike- a vlx shadow. Took about an hour. Be sure to use lock-tite on the nuts, as mine fell off the rear brake extension about 2,000 miles later.. Lol, started seeing sparks fly and had no rear on the interstate.

Started adding that verification on my pre ride check from that point forward..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After riding the bike for a couple of weeks and have decided to keep the mid controls and just add highway pegs on the engine guard that I installed. I like the way the bike handles while using the mids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts