Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 XL1200C with mids a friend gave me a HD forward kit off his 20014 883 he did not like them so he put his mids back on, if I get the longer brake rod assembly will the rest of the kit fit my bike?

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
How come he didn't give you the longer brake rod? There is also a shifter rod that comes with the forward controls. I believe with the two rods it will work for you. I have the HD forward kit on my 2014 Superlow 1200T. The bike came with mids. I too might switch back to the mids. I'm not comfortable with my leg position with the forwards. If your friend's forwards are like mine you can only use one type of foot peg due to the offset clevis. Drag Specialties makes a clevis that will allow you to put any peg on. It's $70
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...or-harley-sportster-cvx-2011-2014#fitment_tab

·
Registered
685 Posts
i like the mids. with a set of hwy pegs i never felt comfortable with the forward controls . with the mids and pegs you can move your legs back and forth . kinda helps on longer rides .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts