Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38,187 Posts
That's a hacked up forward control conversion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a hacked up forward control conversion.
What do I need to add/change to make it right. Already spent 650 to put underseat wiring back to stock, change primary oil, rejetted carb, found part missing in carb replaced that too. Runs great.
Won in poker game so have no info. On it.
My first Sportster, I want it right.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What do I need to add/change to make it right. Already spent 650 to put underseat wiring back to stock, change primary oil, rejetted carb, found part missing in carb replaced that too. Runs great.
Won in poker game so have no info. On it.
My first Sportster, I want it right.
From what i have found the '06 883-R (Race Replica) had mid controls. Here is the link :

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2006 Harley Davidson XL SPORTSTER® 883R RACE REPLICA (CK) | GEAR SHIFTER ASSEMBLY Parts List

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
First, get a genuine Harley Davidson service manual for that year/model. The pictures alone are worth the price.
Second, Google "harley sportster" and click "images" at top of page. You can modify search anyway you want "harley sportster 883", etc. It will give you many examples of how it looked original and how they can/have been modified.
Your bike looks like it's been set up a bit towards the touring mode. I'd get rid of the short shocks on the rear with some taller ones to smooth out the ride. Like from a 1200 XL.
Looks like you had a good night at the poker table, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What do you mean by hacked up conversion . It doesn't look hacked up to me. Not one ziptie and no duct tape.
:rollin It is a nice looking bike! Glad to see your not thin skinned! That helps alot around here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my day 1969 I was 19 racing flat track in 100cc & 250cc classes. Was run off track at last turn 15 ft down head first cracked 5" skull. Right knee jammed slid into tree in woods. Left knee twisted around backwards. Steel skid shoe caught a little tree root twisted knee.
All this now I'm 69 on a 883R. First HD doesnt handle like the lighter bikes do.
I do like it , i just skoot around 30min is all i can do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts