Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodmorning
I want forward controls for my 1988 FXRS and saw a set for Dyna's
at the Harley store #49080-03, They bolt to the down tube just like on my lowrider, my question is does anyone know if the bolt spacing is the same
and will they fit...I can't bring myself to spend 600 at accutronix if the HD's
will fit for 250..I know this is a stupid question, but what can you expect
from a guy named skidmark.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,757 Posts
I looked the kit up that I put on my '05, it says '93 - '05
so I'd guess it's not for an '88
Couldn't find the same item listed for '88.
Probably can find a way to do it, but not this way.

Forward Control Kit for Dyna™ Models

This forward control kit was developed using the stock components from the Dyna™ Wide Glide®. The left and right control brackets have been chrome-plated to enhance the appearance of this kit.

Fits '93-'05 Dyna™ models. Stock on '03-'05 FXDWG models. (Not compatible with Engine Guard on FXD and FXDL models.)

49080-03 Our Price US $299.95

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks to me if the bolt spacing is the same on the down tube they would work, anyone with a Dyna that can measure the spacing on the down
tube mounts ? I am gonna yank off my hywy brackets and measure
my scoot. Seems to my everyone with an FXR would want forwards, without
having to buy junk or spend 600 bucks. I'm feelin left out....

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had an FXR Low Rider Custom with forward controls - it was much more cruizy that way - was a long time ago and i cannot remember how I did it, but for sure it was with all old stock parts kicking around the shop.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can't speak to forward controls (yet) but a friend of mine gave me his highway peg mounting brackets from his 03 lowrider and they fit right on my 07 super glide just fine. So that should answer your question about the spacing anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.