Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feedback requested. Rockford Fosgate has a blue tooth device allows music to steam from your phone to the stock HD unit. I'm tired of hooking an aux cable from the head unit to the phone....cables just don't last. Bumps cause static, loss of sound and so forth. Before I drop $50 on the unit I figured some honest feedback was worth seeking. Thanks

·
Lost and Confused
106 Posts
Oh, Cool I found some info.

Might be worth trying it.

I was looking a the Jensen HD radio replacement with Bluetooth but the reviews are bad.:fitz

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used the RFBTAUX for a couple of months now before upgrading to a 2014. It was a pleasure having it. Paired it with an iPhone and dropped the phone in the pouch. When I had a cable you had to play your music every time you get back on the bike. With the RF unit all you had to do is press the blue button on the unit and it played. The quality music it delivers is great. Could not hear a difference between bluetooth and cable. To me it was worth it. Just take care when turning your steering all the way left with the unit connected.

This is feedback from another forum

·
Registered
26 Posts
Feedback requested. Rockford Fosgate has a blue tooth device allows music to steam from your phone to the stock HD unit. I'm tired of hooking an aux cable from the head unit to the phone....cables just don't last. Bumps cause static, loss of sound and so forth. Before I drop $50 on the unit I figured some honest feedback was worth seeking. Thanks
Works fine, but size is a bit awkward and keeping it powered or charged becomes something else to do.

A better (although more expensive) option is the Iron Cross Audio Bluetooth mod.
Completely internal, automatically re-pairs to your device when the bike is started, and the audio quality is great.

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Works fine, but size is a bit awkward and keeping it powered or charged becomes something else to do.

A better (although more expensive) option is the Iron Cross Audio Bluetooth mod.
Completely internal, automatically re-pairs to your device when the bike is started, and the audio quality is great.
The fosgate adapter just plugs into the cig lighter. Is the unit much larger than a mini USB charger for the cig lighter?

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update. ..i went with the Mpow 3.0. It was $22 and performs like $100. It's small, easy to use, and the audio sounds no different than using a wire. Additionally, it allow you to change songs from the device therefore I can leave my phone in the windshield pouch or saddlebag. No more effn wires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts