Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some exhaust i am considering and not sure on the EFI adjustments that will have to be made (2007 XL 1200). Im No idiot but thinking this may be out of my league. What would the cost be approx to have his done at a shop after i install the exhaust..? trying to narrow down cost..thx

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Thanx for the offer Dave,i have a welder and think i might try that. Give me somthing to do on sat. I can tell a big differance with my baffles in. Seems to have a lot more torque.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
There is some talk that 07+ ECM's will adjust themselves to basic mod's like pipes and A/C . Worth checking out, supposedly HD is claiming this too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pipes im considering are the V&H sweeps or another short shot type. I like the look. However performance cannt be sacrificed i want more ponies and a nice pop that my stock pipes do not deliver. still have a couple weeks before i put the money where the brain is headed. want to make sure i get it right the first time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vlade if you have some links on this subject about auto adjusting to mods please share. Would like to read up. Other wise 150 doesnt sound to bad for the remapping

·
Registered
40,749 Posts
The pipes im considering are the V&H sweeps or another short shot type. I like the look. However performance cannt be sacrificed i want more ponies and a nice pop that my stock pipes do not deliver. still have a couple weeks before i put the money where the brain is headed. want to make sure i get it right the first time.
I'd be leary about running a pipe that is too short. I originally changed out to the V&H Sideshots on my bike. I could not get them to run right on my bike even with the Big City Thunder ThunderMonster baffles. For a 2 into 2 exhaust, length should be ~38" long.

·
Registered
40,749 Posts
There is some talk that 07+ ECM's will adjust themselves to basic mod's like pipes and A/C . Worth checking out, supposedly HD is claiming this too.
From what I understand, the 07+ systems is limited on the range of adjustment it will do. Some engine mods will either require a remap or an aftermarket fuel controller such as PCIII or Zipper's ThunderMax.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
motors are similar to people,each one has it`s own personality!when you change the pipes a remap might be all that is needed or like my bike 1200n,a powercommander and a dynotune was required to get it running like it should! i tryed a simple remap but found that the motor was way too lean,plugs were burning white instead of the tannish grey .which is what you want to see in a motor that is running correctly!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have just slip ons and the Stage 1 DL, though I didn't need the S1 DL with just slip ons. If you open both ends, you need to do something as it will then be to lean.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
vlade if you have some links on this subject about auto adjusting to mods please share. Would like to read up. Other wise 150 doesnt sound to bad for the remapping
All I have is a couple mentions in AI articles and in which they claim HD is also saying. And it was more in relation to big twins, and no telling what your dealer will come up with for an answer obviously he's happy to sell you a tune but how much of a change are you really getting.

From what I understand, the 07+ systems is limited on the range of adjustment it will do. Some engine mods will either require a remap or an aftermarket fuel controller such as PCIII or Zipper's ThunderMax.
Yes and I myself would probably go ahead and throw the PCIII or thunder max on right now before spending 150 bucks twice,,,,and a high flow A/C

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did some more research and have decided to go with a slip on muffler from a company called Khrome Werks. Dnt know how to post links but check them out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts