Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for viewing post and just being there in general
I purchased a ridged chopper and as these things go, I would like to make some changes. Unfortunately the person who assembled it was into looking kool but no very functional. My guess he simply did not have the resources to do things correctly and he just put on parts that he had. I get it it is the very foundation of why choppers exist, but the rear fender is just not correct. the fender does not cover the motor enough so it throws water right onto the fuse box and he placed the widest tire possible and there is no clearance. I got a new moto gadget M-Unit blue and will relocate the wiring but looking for a new rear fender and sissy bar or struts would be a bit simpler if I could Identify the frame.

Can somebody out there with a wealth of knowledge and experience help me out.
the numbers are stamped on the front of the frame it say Hairbone welded on the plate under the seat who knows what that means maybe an original owner
The frame number is 4B7H846961S000646
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Proud Infidel
2,596 Posts
1) Is the wide tire rubbing something or is it just a cosmetic thing?

2) I wouldn't worry about the fender. Just add a flat piece of rubber to the front of it (attached w/rivets or short #10 screws) to protect the fuses and bar hop the sh!t out it.....after addressing the oil leaks.

3) The "hairbone" was added by somebody who owned it. At least I hope so.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Comfortably Numb
1,151 Posts
Well it's definitely not a Harley VIN although it's trying to make you think it is. Any numbers on the motor? At first glance it looks like a catalog custom assembled from misc parts seeing as things don't seem to fit right. What make is listed on the title? You do have a title, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts