Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has decided to have me convert her 2012 Sportster SuperLow 883 over to a trike with the kit available from Frankenstein Trikes.

I will post photos on the process as soon as the kit arrives.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
They have some cool looking kits. Let us know how it works out.

·
Curmudgeon
7,037 Posts
Which suspension are you installing? Some have independent.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
That'll look pretty cool.

Speaking of Trikes, I saw one of those strange things that literally looks like a tow-truck dolly attached to the back of a Heritage. The bike is all in tact - rear wheel and all - but has two wheels out to the side, as well. Not sure what you call those, but I've seen 'em in photos. Kind of strange, but I imagine there's a purpose.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts

Speaking of Trikes, I saw one of those strange things that literally looks like a tow-truck dolly attached to the back of a Heritage. The bike is all in tact - rear wheel and all - but has two wheels out to the side, as well. Not sure what you call those, but I've seen 'em in photos. Kind of strange, but I imagine there's a purpose.
I saw those....reminds me of Lance.:what?

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts

They're called training wheels...:rollin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will post pictures as I do the transformation. So far from what I hear and see this is pretty straight forward conversion with no special tools. It should be a breeze for me as I'm a former jet engine mechanic.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I will post pictures as I do the transformation. So far from what I hear and see this is pretty straight forward conversion with no special tools. It should be a breeze for me as I'm a former jet engine mechanic.
Holy phuk ! That thing's gunna fuggin fly !!:whoa...:rofl:

·
Banned
482 Posts

I heard those things can cause trouble. Where the two wheels keep the drive wheel from touching the ground.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
I heard those things can cause trouble. Where the two wheels keep the drive wheel from touching the ground.
Depends on the style. I know wingers with both the towpac and voyager kits. Ive seen them bring the inside wheel off the ground with the voyager, its more of a trailer dolly style and mounting hardware is under the belly of the bike. My parents have the towpac and ive never seen the tires come off the ground. But with both of those, the bikes rear tire is the drive tire and in certain caees can be lifted off the ground. Makes for a nice burn out when it starts to touch tho......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
You will love the Frankenstein kit.:)

We have had absoulutly no problems with it.
I know of two other guys that bought some more inexpensive kits that have had nothing but trouble with them. Installing and afterwords.

If you haven´t already ordered the kit, consider ordering the dual disc brakes. They are well worth it!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some photos of the completed trike. Rear fenders still need to be painted H-D Midnight Pearl. We put over 340 miles this past weekend thru the Shenandoah National Park here in Virginia. She had a blast, especially in the curves.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts