Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the regulars to the forum know, I have been an ape hanger guy (nothing less than 16") since the start but the more I look at slammed Road Kings with beach bars, the more I want them. I think they will look pretty sweet with my stretched bags and fishtail exhaust.

Any input? How is handling and comfort? I'm 6' tall on a stock RK seat. Hoping that I won't be bent over while riding. I would want them pushed down to give that low rider look.

-Rohan

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
As the regulars to the forum know, I have been an ape hanger guy (nothing less than 16") since the start but the more I look at slammed Road Kings with beach bars, the more I want them. I think they will look pretty sweet with my stretched bags and fishtail exhaust.

Any input? How is handling and comfort? I'm 6' tall on a stock RK seat. Hoping that I won't be bent over while riding. I would want them pushed down to give that low rider look.

-Rohan
:eek :what? :eek

As you are the King of the Apes, I believe a beating is in order for your blasphemy........ :spank:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Ask Mongo.

Hehe....yea, he's the only one I can think of that has beach bars.

I see the trend on alot of the RG's being built is either a beach bar, or drag bar of sorts. Looks ok, but every time I see a guy riding it, his back is bent pretty far forward.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, yeah I know, I know. Apes have been my bread and butter. Damn interwebs and their pictures of sexy girls on RKs with beach bars.

-Rohan

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
This is funny cause a friend of mine thats alway been into beach bars has just recently switched to apes

Since the seventies I've seen apes bars come and go!:)

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
When I ride a bike with low bars after riding with apes for so long it feels weird at first, but it doesn't take long before starts feeling better. But its definitely a different feeling.

·
Wayward Son
23,350 Posts
Haha, yeah I know, I know. Apes have been my bread and butter. Damn interwebs and their pictures of sexy girls on RKs with beach bars.

-Rohan
Just cause they look good do`t mean they feel good or ride well.
Bikes with beach bars either. :D

·
Registered
529 Posts

Any input? How is handling and comfort? I'm 6' tall on a stock RK seat. Hoping that I won't be bent over while riding. I would want them pushed down to give that low rider look. I rode it a couple of times and it handles fine. Compared to 16" apes you will prolly feal a little scrunched (especially if you have any kind of old dude gut) but, not awkward or unsafe feeling.

-Rohan
My friend rides a 71 FLH Shovel head. He has Big Ass Beach Bars on his ride and seams to like them. He also gets a lot of comments and compliments on his bike everywhere we go. A lot of the attention his bike gets is the fact that he's crusin around on a pristine 71 shovel head, but the bars get lots of attention also.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I've never ridden Apes or Beach -- but that certainly won't stop me from voicing an opinion.:laugh

As an interested observer, I think apes give comfort from their height. And beach bars look like they would be comfortable due to their pullback that would allow an upright riding position.

I dunno--that's just what it looks like to me. Looks wise, I think they're both cool.

--

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I've never ridden Apes or Beach -- but that certainly won't stop me from voicing an opinion.:laugh

--
atta boy! a true forum contributor!!!:eek:uttahere:

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,251 Posts
I've been riding with drag bars for over 40k, never ridden with apes though.

Drag bars feel like I have more control/better handling over the short rise stockers that I had.

As far as drag bars go, you might consider rubber grips, since you'll be putting more weight on your hands.

Worked with a dude that had beach bars, taller risers and a lowered seat...he seemed to dig it, but he rarely rode more than a few miles on them.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts

-Rohan

Love the look. I know nothing of their comfort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts