Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 06 RK, my front brake lever has about 3/8" or so free play. My brake light switch is real sensitive. Since I always ride with two fingers covering my frt. brake, my brake light keeps coming on. I don't see anyway to adjust this. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Pop the lid off the master cylinder then bleed a little juice from the caliper. Top the master cylinder off and see if that fixes it.
Also squirt some silicone spray into the master cylinder plunger area where the lever toggle contacts the switch. The rubber boot on the plunger gets stiff and sticky over time and the silicone softens it up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My '07 fxst was like that and I had to put a couple pieces of duct tape on the lever. I think on mine it was the chrome levers the PO put on not being quite the same as the stock ones. I had to modify the left lever so it would hit the neutral start switch too. :)

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
How difficult is it to change out this switch?
The only difficulty is running the wires thru the harness to the connector.
The old switch wires can also be cut up near the switch housing then spliced to the new switch.

·
245 Posts
The only difficulty is running the wires thru the harness to the connector.

The old switch wires can also be cut up near the switch housing then spliced to the new switch.

I have had good results doing this.
It helps to stagger the cuts, this way you don't have all the splices in the same spot. And solder then heat shrink all splices.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts