Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just installed new ape hangers on my softail and everything reached except for my brake lever, it is only a few inches short what would be the easiest way to extend it or make it so it reaches? are there just sections of brake hose available that will mock up with harley fittings?

thanks

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
Well... Seeing how your front brake is responsible 70+ percent of your average stopping efficiency, I would measure the length I need and by a complete new line end to end.

But then again I value my hide!

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
If you're not concerned with appearance just take your brake hose with you to the local auto parts store and match up the end that screws into the caliper. You'll want matching male and female ends. It'll be an extension at the caliper end of your stock hose.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did the same thing with mine with the apes... you gotta take off the old line anyway, I just measured mine and replaced with one that was 3" longer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, thats what i ended up doing, cant go wrong with a whole new brake line for 55$ now just have to wait for the thaw and get out on the open road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts