Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poser Member # 99
18,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked for air leaks with the spray bottle with soap and water .
And have repaired what leaks I've found so far . but some days after adding air to front forks it starts pounding put air back in and it will be fine the rest of the day no rime to reason . I'm thinking this could be fork seals or some thing else . Hope to get some feed back on this one
Has air Ride front and rear

85 Electra glide ,tour glide

Attachments

·
Banned
71 Posts
I've checked for air leaks with the spray bottle with soap and water .
And have repaired what leaks I've found so far . but some days after adding air to front forks it starts pounding put air back in and it will be fine the rest of the day no rime to reason . I'm thinking this could be fork seals or some thing else . Hope to get some feed back on this one
Has air Ride front and rear

85 Electra glide ,tour glide
There is a product called LeakLoc , you can get it at any HVAC supply house . Use it on all connections . :)

·
Poser Member # 99
18,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Webco

For the idea I've used a DuPont product for sealing leaks. I used to use on a nitrogen generator for fixing leaks when it returned from our sister company . in Lapper . I've sealed all the fittings going to the front forks and replaced the valve .But it still will leak down and then Hold air .

Thought I 'd get a little more input ............

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thanks Webco

For the idea I've used a DuPont product for sealing leaks. I used to use on a nitrogen generator for fixing leaks when it returned from our sister company . in Lapper . I've sealed all the fittings going to the front forks and replaced the valve .But it still will leak down and then Hold air .

Thought I 'd get a little more input ............
If all the fittings are sealed. only thing left is the fork seals .

·
Banned
71 Posts
I was hoping for a different answer then the fork seals . being its air over Hydraulics. .

Thanks Webco
When you change your fork seals, put 10W oil back in, not the 5W it calls for . It'll have less fork dive when you brake .

Also replace the two piece slider bushings too . :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Big John, Webco is right, I ended up putting Screaming Eagle "Heavy" fork oil in my forks and things are much improved over my previous fork performance. Good luck with yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts