Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the front shot of a Dyan Super Glide with a Memphis Shade fairing. Does anyone have a pic like this? One with the stock head light. Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
The shade I have off mine is from a a fat boy, I had to modify the brackets a bit to put it on, my plans are to put on a 7" head light to take up the extra space on my batwing. Memphis shades make one specific to the superglide so the headlight opening is correct. The opening on mine is for a 7" light (fat boy) I bought it off Craigslist for 200.00. I've got an auxiliary spotlight kit and a 7" head light I'm putting on it, so I'm still working on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am goning to put a bat wing on but first I want to get the auxiliary lights so I have three head lights across the front. Then the bat wing is next. I hate they only come in black, I am going to see if how much more it will be to have a shop down the road match it to the bike.

what size shield are you running on the bat wing? Are you looking through it or over?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
The shade I have off mine is from a a fat boy, I had to modify the brackets a bit to put it on, my plans are to put on a 7" head light to take up the extra space on my batwing. Memphis shades make one specific to the superglide so the headlight opening is correct. The opening on mine is for a 7" light (fat boy) I bought it off Craigslist for 200.00. I've got an auxiliary spotlight kit and a 7" head light I'm putting on it, so I'm still working on it.
Curious RicMan,

What modifications did you have to do to the brackets? I've already added a 7" headlight to my '11 FXDC and I really want a Batwing faring of some flavor.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just a little bending in a vice, and swapped the left to the right side. Went to auto zone and color matched the silver with rattle can auto paint. 4 coats of primer, wet sand, 6 Coats base, wet sand, 6 coats clear, wet sand, and buff.

Oh, and its a small windshield, look over it, NOT through it. Windshield should not be higher than your nose. I used a 4 foot level to find the height. I think it's a 5 inch windshield.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Follow-up question. My bike is Vivid Black. Will it match with out painting?

And how do you keep that bag from rubbing on the fender?

Just a little bending in a vice, and swapped the left to the right side. Went to auto zone and color matched the silver with rattle can auto paint. 4 coats of primer, wet sand, 6 Coats base, wet sand, 6 coats clear, wet sand, and buff.

Oh, and its a small windshield, look over it, NOT through it. Windshield should not be higher than your nose. I used a 4 foot level to find the height. I think it's a 5 inch windshield.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sell working on trying to figure out how to put a 7" headlight, still have to remount the turn signals, this is what I have so far… ImageUploadedByMO Free1370040669.660001.jpg

2004 dyna superglide …trying to morph into a touring bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it. I like it a lot. I have looked that Hoppe, Memphis Shade and one other, but no one has shown the lights like you have on there. I can see that a 7" head light might look a little better, but that does not look bad at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotter done at 2:30 am this morning. Put the lights on and then added the fairing. Dang working a full time job, the running my nuisance animal removal company (beaver in june) and the nuisance gator hunting is cutting into my bike building. LOL. It is also paying for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts