Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the same thing intermittently. Does it sound like a whining that increases/decreases with the lean? I only hear mine on front left. I still have OEM tires so I was thinking it's the wheel bearing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yes it does. Just looking a the tread pattern between Dunlop H.D. branded tire and the American Elite, they are very similar. This could easily be the issue. I didn't notice this before, but again I'm near deaf. Or it could simply be that there wasn't any other traffic on that last ride, i was on...So i could hear it..

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
May or may not be , but few years back had something very similar, drove me nuts couldn't figure it out. Turned out to be the wire for fender light rubbing on the tire.
I did look up under the fender, after reading your reply. Nope the wire is tucked up nicely. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Jireh cycle for bearings. Harley wheel bearing suck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just want to pass on to you, when i clicked the link, my anti-virus went nutz with warnings.. The flag was "Unsecure web address... Personal information may be at risk". I did not stick around to find out why.

Reactions: SoftailBilly

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it ends up your noise is even the slightest cupping of the front tire think nothing of it. Proper front braking brings on cupping. Make sure with it getting cold this time of year that you keep your tire pressures right. I checked my ElectraGlide tires just yesterday and from it turning into the cold season they had already lost 4 lbs. in each tire.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
You know if its just tire noises. Reminds me of my 68 Vette. Rear tires would start to make noise about time a$$ end wanted to step out. Moderation of the right foot keep everything on the fun edge. Press on having fun guys. Oh and ride safe ;)

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If it ends up your noise is even the slightest cupping of the front tire think nothing of it. Proper front braking brings on cupping. Make sure with it getting cold this time of year that you keep your tire pressures right. I checked my ElectraGlide tires just yesterday and from it turning into the cold season they had already lost 4 lbs. in each tire.
Yep, I check both tires in both bikes before every run. That is much easier now using a bike Jack and my new ridiculously expensive H.D. tire pressure gauge.

Reactions: SoftailBilly
21 - 27 of 27 Posts