Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing front tire on my 2010 Ultra I noticed that the bearings are set in one side deeper than the other,& yes their all the way in. So which side is which? BTW brake disc' s were removed first by me but Indy did the tire & bearings.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
If your valve stem is slightly off center, it should be on the right. I'm not familiar with your wheels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What has me wondering is reinstalling the rt side caliper I had to force it into position,& on left side was about 1/8 or so space between fork & caliper. Hence the question about the different seating depth of the bearings.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
What has me wondering is reinstalling the rt side caliper I had to force it into position,& on left side was about 1/8 or so space between fork & caliper. Hence the question about the different seating depth of the bearings.
Outer axle spacers transposed?

--

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Can you send a picture or two?

·
Banned
71 Posts
After replacing front tire on my 2010 Ultra I noticed that the bearings are set in one side deeper than the other,& yes their all the way in. So which side is which? BTW brake disc' s were removed first by me but Indy did the tire & bearings.
Brembo triple-disc brakes with ABS . Did you get the ABS wheel bearings ? They go on the left side of wheel . If you got the Standard wheel bearings, they will seat lower than flush on the left side of wheel .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Webco, my miscommunication, brakes are standard- no ABS & spacers both the same size.Am I out of the clear yet? Besides having to remount tire in correct rotation.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Webco, my miscommunication, brakes are standard- no ABS & spacers both the same size.Am I out of the clear yet? Besides having to remount tire in correct rotation.
Ok, it looks to me like you have a ABS wheel, mounted without ABS brakes or bearings .

Question : Were the bearings that you replace all (4) non ABS bearings ?

If so, then you are ok, just mount tire correctly.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Don't know for sure I assume they were originals (16000 mi.) But I Ordered std. bearings
Edit: I went and looked it up............. non-ABS bearings take spacers that are the same size on both sides.

Therefore you can run what you have as long as the non-flush bearing is on the left side .

Sorry for the bad information before...my bad .:spank:

·
Registered
192 Posts
The left, primary side, the shallow pocket side must be installed first and seated all the way. The inner spacer sets the depth of the other bearing. This is what sets the rotor spacing with the correct outer spacer. As stated the valve stem leans to the right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok,all back together everything looks good however, before calipers were put on wheel spun beautiful then after calipers went on tire spins not to freely. Is this just the pads reseating?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts