Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brrrrr, 40 degrees, my butt. More like 38. Course taking the back roads through the hills and past the farms to work may not have helped so much either. Fingers are tingling and coffee’s not ready. I was thinking of heated grips, but I think I’m going heated gloves instead… someday. A mechanic buddy says he doesn’t like the heated grips because they are too hot or not hot enough plus they break. Fixing them is usually expensive. He says with his gloves he can adjust the heat a lot better for when it’s cool out or freezing, and when they fail, they are easy to replace. He says the pair he has now has lasted over 5 years, but heated grips he’s installed on customer bikes, not so long.

Okay, tingling is gone, lets go see if the coffee is ready, have a good one guys.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've never had heated grips on a bike but the ones I've had on snowmobiles have never failed. The ones I have on my atv have worked great since 2004. I have to agree though that it would be easier to fix the problem if it was the heated gloves that quit working.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Love my heated grips. Not sure how well they work on nipples though.

·
Banned
482 Posts
I've had heated grips. The trouble with them is you only get the palms warmed. The wind will still freeze the back of the hand, which is a weird feeling. Gloves are much much much better. IMO

·
Registered
127 Posts
:know I'm pretty sure electric-gloves will work better on "nipples" than heated grips........just saying. :drool

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
"Frosty Nipples"

Now you got a place to hang your hat.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
:laugh..... You sure I'm the "only" person ?...:)

I REALLY love "horns" though....So very true.
Ok, around here maybe not the "only" person, but in the top 3! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts