Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2012 Electraglide that is basically stock with the exception of Freedom Exhaust mufflers.

I am now going to put on new Freedom headers and a Big Sucker air cleaner to enable the engine to breathe/perform better. Both of these additions will create a lean condition for the bike, and I was under the impression from Harley that a Stage 1 download would take care of things. I was also told that the onboard computer would compensate for most of it on it's own....."most of it"....not good enough for me.

Then I was referred into a respectable chopper shop in So. Cal, and the guy told me to simply install an enricher on the bike. I asked if a dynotune was needed and he said no because I wasn't performing any engine work on the bike.

So what gives? Is it really this simple?

Thanks again for anyone with feedback.

Ezirydr

·
Asylum Inmate
11,741 Posts
Put VIED on it and be done.

Or XIED if you don't want any adjustment ability and just more rich AFR.

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
What BBally said. Great bang for the money.....:nod

·
CVMA 44-2
252 Posts
Think I'd get the stage I done and then also put VIEDs on it. Mine is set up that way and runs really good.

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
Be aware your MPG`s may drop a little. Personally I never worried about MPG`s on my bikes as long as they were built\tuned proper and ran well.
A richer running bike runs cooler and lives longer.
Well worth the trade off IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts