Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2020 CVO Road Glide
203 Posts
The fuel filter on my 2020 lasted until 85,000 miles. I had it changed back in the summer. I could hear my fuel pump priming while riding, which wasn't a good sign. Then the bike was struggling really bad under load. It was also throwing codes. Changed the filter and have logged almost 25k since then. All the issues went away with the new fuel filter.

Supposedly they should last until 100k. But obviously fuel quality can expedite that change.

· Registered
116 Posts
Just serviced my fuel system as well. Pulled the carb bowl an cleaned small debris at the bottom. Also cleaned my K&N filter and re-oiled it. Just did it as routine service at 10,000 miles. Filter definitely needed it. Dusty around these parts!

· old scoot coot
7,350 Posts
The fuel filter on my 2020 lasted until 85,000 miles. I had it changed back in the summer. I could hear my fuel pump priming while riding, which wasn't a good sign. Then the bike was struggling really bad under load. It was also throwing codes. Changed the filter and have logged almost 25k since then. All the issues went away with the new fuel filter.

Supposedly they should last until 100k. But obviously fuel quality can expedite that change.
my manuals show's replace them at 50k. in the us that's probably long enough. in this country clean fuel is a little harder to buy at random locations than in other countries. just my opinion. left over from when i was a kid and fuel was 20 cents a gallon. until recently gas just wasn't considered a precious comodity here in this country. old habits die hard. i'd bet i 50k filter would come out of a harley much cleaner in europe or japan. :oops:

· Registered
2020 CVO Road Glide
203 Posts
my manuals show's replace them at 50k. in the us that's probably long enough. in this country clean fuel is a little harder to buy at random locations than in other countries. just my opinion. left over from when i was a kid and fuel was 20 cents a gallon. until recently gas just wasn't considered a precious comodity here in this country. old habits die hard. i'd bet i 50k filter would come out of a harley much cleaner in europe or japan. :oops:
I may have my information mixed up with something else. From this point on I'll probably stick with the 50k mark regardless.

· old scoot coot
7,350 Posts
I may have my information mixed up with something else. From this point on I'll probably stick with the 50k mark regardless.
yea scott mine come out pretty at 50k. cali is pretty strict about emmisions and such. with the flex boots on the nozzles they probably have better storage and filtration than a lot of old stations in ks, ok, and mo. arkansas too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts