Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ronjf66
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed there is gas dripping from my air cleaner. I have the Arlene Ness stage 1 big sucker air cleaner. Its like it is dripping from the filter. Would anyone know why this is happening? Also it has been giving me trouble starting lately.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just noticed there is gas dripping from my air cleaner. I have the Arlene Ness stage 1 big sucker air cleaner. Its like it is dripping from the filter. Would anyone know why this is happening? Also it has been giving me trouble starting lately.
Did you do the install? I'm not knocking your competency, just curious.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If gas is dripping from the AF, then the float must be stuck, as the fuel level would have to be high to leak. Sounds like you need to remove the float bowl and check the float level, or at the least un-stick it.

·
Ronjf66
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If gas is dripping from the AF, then the float must be stuck, as the fuel level would have to be high to leak. Sounds like you need to remove the float bowl and check the float level, or at the least un-stick it.
Is that a fairly simple thing to do? The only thing I've done on my bike is change the oil and add some aftermarket chrome to my bike.

·
Just Ride
3,501 Posts
Turn off your petcock, start bike and let it run out of gas. This will let float drop.Maybe letting any obstruction pass. Turn it off when done riding will stop dripping also.

·
Ronjf66
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turn off your petcock, start bike and let it run out of gas. This will let float drop.Maybe letting any obstruction pass. Turn it off when done riding will stop dripping also.
I have tried doing both of them already. Didn't seem to help! Is it possible there is fuel in my carburetor?

·
Just Ride
3,501 Posts
Really, fuel in carb. It's in the gas tank. With a question like that I'd say off to the shop and let them fix it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts