Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
My buddy is about to go nuts.........one little thing after another.He just got his new fuel line today after a weeks wait. When he put his tank back on and connected the line [first to the injector then to the tank] gas was pouring from the tank connection. Has he lost an "O" ring up in there or something? He says his service manual does not seem to help any for this? Hope someone can help before he has a melt down.
Colt.45

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
just a o-ring-they have 2
mine leaked also- pop out the existing one and get a match-

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rosconey
Is the O ring up inside the check valve? Where you push it up to disconnect the fuel line?
Thank you.
Colt

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
O-ring is up inside the check valve. Might have to replace the check valve/hose assy.
Also you can try some lithium grease up inside the check valve, that lubricates the o-ring.

·
Banned
71 Posts
O-ring is up inside the check valve. Might have to replace the check valve/hose assy.
Also you can try some lithium grease up inside the check valve, that lubricates the o-ring.
There was a guy on e bay selling a remove/replace tool and o rings ...I think it was a 30 buck kit, but don't quote me on that it's been awhile .

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
I remember that, there was a video too.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all guys, Thanks for the vid. Webco ! I'll make sure my buddy see this.
Colt.45

·
On the loose
8,700 Posts
If your buddy wants to try the lower O - ring , 1st one they pulled out before he gets the tool and rebuild kit heres a John Deere part # for the O - ring R26286 nitril O - ring 10mm x 14mm x 2mm , that fixed my 01.

Mine came out in brittle little pieces , that tool wouldn't have been much help getting that out .

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Duce I'll pass that on to him as well.
You guys are great.
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well gents with what I passed on to him my buddy took his gas tank to H.D. in Chariton,Ia. [said he could not see up in the little opening to spot the O ring] Anyhow in about 15min. and 22 bucks later they replaced the O rings and it's as good as new. He is very happy and I thank you all.
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little follow up............once he put his tank back on and hooked it up it fired right up and runs and sounds Super. Basically it is a new bike to him........Bassani 2 into 1 exhaust, Arlen Ness Big sucker, Dobek fuel tuner, new bars,risers, grips, mirrors, +3" forward extentions and new pegs, new saddle bags and turn signal relocation and a 1.5" tank lift kit as well.
Again........I thank you'all for the O ring info.
Colt.45

1 - 14 of 14 Posts