Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I replaced my internal tank fuel lines a month after I removed them and reinstalled them in reverse by mistake. Now the bike won't idle and surges when given gas, it run very erratic. Did I blow out my regulator? any help would be appreciated. 2000 Electra Glide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I kind threw my last post up and it wasn't very clear so I would like to try again.

My quick disconnects were leaking so I removed both connectors/hoses from the tank so I could replace the "O" rings. It took awhile to find the correct "O" rings meanwhile I forgot which hose went to the pump and which one recycled the fuel back into the tank. I thought I had it figure out but obviously I didn't because the bike wouldn't start after I put it back together. So without tearing the bike apart again I was able to switch the outside hoses to the opposite disconnects. The bike started but doesn't run right, it won't idle and kind of sputters then surges at higher RPM's. I was thinking because I connected the high pressure side to the wrong side I may have ruined the regulator. Any thoughts???

·
Banned
71 Posts
I kind threw my last post up and it wasn't very clear so I would like to try again.

My quick disconnects were leaking so I removed both connectors/hoses from the tank so I could replace the "O" rings. It took awhile to find the correct "O" rings meanwhile I forgot which hose went to the pump and which one recycled the fuel back into the tank. I thought I had it figure out but obviously I didn't because the bike wouldn't start after I put it back together. So without tearing the bike apart again I was able to switch the outside hoses to the opposite disconnects. The bike started but doesn't run right, it won't idle and kind of sputters then surges at higher RPM's. I was thinking because I connected the high pressure side to the wrong side I may have ruined the regulator. Any thoughts???
Do you get any codes ??

:coffee:

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
Check inside of the tank, one of the lines could have come loose a bit. Or the check valve in the bung dislodged.
The bungs that screw into the tank have check valves in them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is tight and looks good. Has not thrown any codes acts like it is running out of fuel.

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
The fuel pressure test would be the way to diagnose this problem.
Do you have a fuel pressure test kit ?
Pressure should be between 55 and 62 PSI with the engine running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts