Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,334 Posts
Yup. 41 combined over 3 years on a 2012. 103 Heritage with Rush 2.0 and no fuel programmers just stock off the showroom floor.

No long trips.

·
Registered
165 Posts
After all Stage 1 work (V&H BSS, S&S Super A/C, V&H FP3), I get a solid 40MPG around town and upwards of 45 on the highway...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also average 40 to 41 mph on my 2008 softtail custom. I think it would improve a bit if we did not have to use ethanol fuel...
Remember, ride safe

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,686 Posts
Whats going on here??

No claims of 50 MPG and over?? :laugh

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
'11 SG, 103, stage 1, tts master tuner. 42-44 in the city, but can go lower from time to time. 40 is bad for her. Hwy is about 50 if I keep it under 70. At 78 cruising, it's about 45. Close to 30k now and been that way since the 1k mile upgrade. Pretty steady.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
Whats going on here??

No claims of 50 MPG and over?? :laugh

I get 50 mpg at 55mph. 42 going 75.

Come at me, bro. :laugh

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,602 Posts
I got 50 on my old '04 88ci Ultra. Sure would like to see that mileage again on the '11...it comes close going downhill.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I got 50 on my old '04 88ci Ultra. Sure would like to see that mileage again on the '11...it comes close going downhill.

The couple hundred pounds of PF Juice and single malt Scotch doesn't help, bro.

·
Wayward Son
23,506 Posts
Concerns of MPG`s on a Harley? Really.
Only reason I even paid a little attention to it was so I`d know when it was time to fill up again.
Unless it got so bad that it pointed to an obvious mechanical problem.

Come on guys. With some of the hot rods you guys are running, and the way you run them..... MPG`s? Whats that?

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I don't think anyone is "concerned." Just wondering. Something to talk about.

·
Wayward Son
23,506 Posts
I don't think anyone is "concerned." Just wondering. Something to talk about.
I can understand that.
But other newer members\first time bike, Harley owners have posted similar questions.
I`m not a mind reader so their intent is only known to them.

On a vehicle I purchased for fun, recreation. I never worried about it.
Built a couple mild street rods back in the day.
Yea, gas was cheaper. But MPGs was the least of my concerns when I was building them.

When you are averaging 40+ from the bike, hell, IMO, it`s the best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts