Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im only able to use half of my fuel tank do to I believe a clogged fuel crossover line. Can any one tell me how to fix this problem. Sure would be nice to ride past a gas station every once and a while.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Usually, the fuel pump tube in the tanks can rub a pin hole in the hose overctime, then when the fuel gets below the pin hole...she dont run right...
Check youtube for videos. I changed mine. Not a big deal but kind of a pain moving it in the right position to get it out. Not big bucks to fix, if thats it.
Good luck.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
If the fuel pump feed line doesn't have a hole in it, (which they get, as Rodzilla stated) you'll need to drain your tank, remove the crossover tube and run safety wire or coat hanger up inside the two spouts under the tank, and flush the garbage out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im only able to use half of my fuel tank do to I believe a clogged fuel crossover line. Can any one tell me how to fix this problem. Sure would be nice to ride past a gas station every once and a while.
Is bike carb or fuel injection?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is carbureted. Its a very fine machine and I love it dearly. I just have to figure out how to fix this problem.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The bike is carbureted. Its a very fine machine and I love it dearly. I just have to figure out how to fix this problem.
Then do as Dave63 said, drain tank and remove crossover tube. Clean out with piece of wire or pipe cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts