Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the gas tank on my 2005 EGlide Classic, and need a little advice on removal of the fuel pump. I don't have a service manual, but a sticker on the fuel pump suggests that the manual be consulted before removal. Obviously, I don't want to break or bend anything.

After removing the mounting screws and lifting up the unit, I see two hoses connected to the unit (which I assume to be the suction and injector pressure lines), as well as what I assume to be the float level mechanism. The 2 hoses as attached are preventing me from lifting the unit out, as well as the float mechanism hanging down inside the tank is preventing me from tilting the unit for liftout.

Help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuel pump

If I remember correctly I had to turn the unit a little to get it out the float arm runs into the hump in the tank. one of the hoses goes to the bottem of the tank at the bunger. The other attaches to the fuel pump.sometimes the hose that goes to the bunker gets a little stuck just wiggle it a little and it sould come out. but sometimes the hose is to short if it is to short just cut the sucker off and get a new hose. you should be able to get new one. and new clips for the end of the hoses.becareful not to bend the float arm.Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts