Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
If you sent power to the pump, it should’ve ran. Only other reason would be bad pump, (which you said was new) or the system is already primed. (ie like when you first switch the bike on and the pump cycles and cuts off before you start up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ok, wait a minute. Back in post #4 you said you could hear the fuel pump....now you can't?
The fuel pump runs when you first turn on the ignition switch (knob), has nothing to do with the start button. It will run for about 3 seconds to pressurize the system, then shut off until the engine starts or you cycle the ignition switch again. If this is not happening you need to check for power at the fuel pump connector.

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry norm9278, I work on my bike, but never got this deep into it, I am rushing instead of taking my time, ur right must check power to fuel pump connector. I hear the tech going thru it's cycle thks, trying to get on road, trip in may

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Take a deep breath and walk away for a little bit. Sometimes when I do that and come back, things just fall into place. And don’t get in a rush, usually never works out. You’ll get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Barney Fife - Poser
894 Posts
Did you reconnect power to the injectors?

The whole line needs to be pressurized for the injectors to spray. It sounds like maybe your quick-connect is not engaging properly at the check valve (keeping the valve closed)... or maybe the check valve has gone bad (or got clogged).

***oops, didn't read to the end before replying***

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry norm9278, I work on my bike, but never got this deep into it, I am rushing instead of taking my time, ur right must check power to fuel pump connector. I hear the tech going thru it's cycle thks, trying to get on road, trip in may
Is the tach on the fuel tank? What you should hear from the pump is a buzz or really fast ticking sound for 3 seconds as soon as you turn the key.
I don't know why a tach would make sounds?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thks guys, I have to find which fuel pump connector is bad in side fuel,pump or out side, so tomorrow drain tank, follow out side fuel connector line see were current starts and end, don't know how to trace three prong connecter tho, hopeful can find a way

·
Registered
523 Posts
Plus norm the check valve goes one way, how u were when u were in ur twentys straight lol
Huh???

Anyway, just remember that the power wire for the fuel pump will only be "hot" for 3 seconds at key on. Then you will have to cycle the switch again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thks I would never have guessed that, ok norm read between lines, when u were twenty and u woke up in morning at attention, that's how the check valve goes in straight. Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Going to Lowes today to see if I can find something to check the power in three prong connector 4 bike

·
Registered
523 Posts
Going to Lowes today to see if I can find something to check the power in three prong connector 4 bike
Harbor Freight or Walmart. Get a digital Volt/Ohmmeter and a 12V test light for less than $20.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Norm9278 pulled tank hopeing it connected to another connector some were, but it was so many wires @ all heading towards rear of bike, I like puzzles but this one is to much, so back together tomorrow @ then to shop, then sell a liver I know it's going to cost. But I thank u and others 4 the help

·
Registered
523 Posts
Norm9278 pulled tank hopeing it connected to another connector some were, but it was so many wires @ all heading towards rear of bike, I like puzzles but this one is to much, so back together tomorrow @ then to shop, then sell a liver I know it's going to cost. But I thank u and others 4 the help
Hey, a man's gotta know his limitations....
Good luck. Come back and let us know how it turned out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Norma9278, baggerboy check this out, took light tester, tested where fuses input got light or power from every fuse port except fuel pump, what u think of that bad apple

21 - 40 of 59 Posts