Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Fuel pump not getting current

Used light tester to test all fuse ports, all gave power except fuel pump fuse spot?

·
Just Ride
3,035 Posts
Was your run/stop switch set to run? Change fuse?

·
Retired citizen
22,051 Posts
FYI, the fuel pump circuit is only active for 3 seconds then shuts down after the engine starts !

·
Registered
492 Posts
The fuel pump, fuse port has no power
Ok, no power to either side of the fuse AT KEY ON, correct?
If so, try switching the relays around. They are the two small boxes plugged into the fuse panel, both are the same, just switch them.
Also, run a hot wire from the battery + to the fuel pump fuse. Does the pump run when you do that?

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ok norm switch nothing,wire from battery to fuse port neg, and poz side nothing, used two wires nothing, couple days ago when using tester fule pump fuse port did show current one time and one time only

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Scratch every thing first time trying to diagnose, put neg tester wire on neg side battery, put tester in fuel pump fuse port, got a light norm9278

·
South GA Redneck
3,875 Posts
Sounds like you may need to check the chassis grounds. If you didn’t get voltage u til you went straight to battery for ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Good recommendation from Baggerboy. The comment about having power one time only is a concern. You may have fried a fuse. Time to recheck them.

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

41 - 59 of 59 Posts