Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but wondered what experiences good or bad you guys might have had.

I bought a 2007 Street Bob a couple months ago and can't make my mind up which way to go with it.

It has V&H straight shot slip ons on it and they're pretty loud (nice) but still has original air cleaner. At the moment it pops and fa**s on the overrun when slowing down.

I'm thinking of fitting a free'er flowing filter like a Screaming Eagle stage 1 kit or Screaming Eagle heavy breather kit but then the subject of ECM remapping comes on the scene.
The V&h Fuelpak seems good value for money when compared to the Power Commander plus you can program it yourself for other changes. Also I like the idea of being able to take it off and revert to standard settings easily without permanent changes.

What do you guys run with similar add ons and how do you rate them?
Is it worth saving £100's of pounds and using the Fuelpak?

Thanks for any help on this guys, i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Harleys, just returned to biking after 20 yrs and only had British and Jap bikes before!!

Ian.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Dynojet Power Vision purchased from Fuel Moto.

Fuel moto backs their product up with lifetime map support and tuning assistance through email. It's costlier than the others @ about $500 but the support and no dyno Bill make it cheap.

I've swapped my stuff around a couple times and they always have a map. Then you can auto tune it the make it just right for your bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I run the PCV. Have heard alot of people being disappointed with the fuel pack.

If I had the cash, I would go with the Power Commander. I have the Fuelpak, but it takes the O2's out of the loop, and the bike runs rich.

It's on my list of things to change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I had the cash, I would go with the Power Commander. I have the Fuelpak, but it takes the O2's out of the loop, and the bike runs rich.

Oh I understand. I have the auto tune with the PCV. Those two together cost more than any other two combined upgrades and that includes the exhaust and air filter. The part that sucks is, it's not a visual upgrade, it's hard to spend that kind of money on something nobody will see or notice.

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
I'm running the power commander 3 , found it used on ebay and heard that it was more versatile than the fuel pak , as in the fuel pak seems good for stage 1 tuning but doesn't support cam , head , timing ect, changes like the PC3 will.

Its less expensive than the power vision,but I believe the PV is smaller and don't know if it remains attached to the bike? The PC3 is a little bulky to mount , good unit for the money though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys, I'm probably only going as far as a stage 1 on this bike so to be honest I'm still leaning towards the Fuelpak. Not bothered if it's a bit rich just so's it isn't overheating and maybe stops popping on the overrun!!
Ian.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least I probably would buy one if there was one in the UK. Sent an email to V&H to find out if anyone stocked 'em in the UK and they pointed me to Mag Europe who just give a list of small shops who don't seem to stock much at all!!
S'pose we're just small beer to them.
Ian.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had pc3 on old bike. A lot more ability to fine tune but went with the fuelpak on the dyna for price and because I may eventually do more advanced engine work for which ill want the SERT. Fuelpak does what it's supposed to nothing more nothing less

How old is the fuelpak and bike? I know my o2 sensors are still connected per the instructions but don't know I there actually being read or used

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got power commander v and se stage 1 air breather. only thing i know there is no poping on decell. other than that cant tell. also gas milage drop also.

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts

I ran a PCV for about two years without auto tune. I had a hard time with the downloads. I took the bike in to have it dyno'ed it made a big improvement but at time the bike seem to run rich.

I picked up a Revolution Performance ESM with wide band O2 sensors on ebay. The ESM can auto adjust for any condition or modification. I had to send my ECM to RevPerf for remapping I'll post a review once I get my ECM back. Looking forward to seeing how the bike performs.

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
I ran a PCV for about two years without auto tune. I had a hard time with the downloads. I took the bike in to have it dyno'ed it made a big improvement but at time the bike seem to run rich.

I picked up a Revolution Performance ESM with wide band O2 sensors on ebay. The ESM can auto adjust for any condition or modification. I had to send my ECM to RevPerf for remapping I'll post a review once I get my ECM back. Looking forward to seeing how the bike performs.
I would imagine this unit stays attached to the bike ? How is it size wise compared to the PCV ?

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
I would imagine this unit stays attached to the bike ? How is it size wise compared to the PCV ?
Much smaller. Velcro's to the side of your fuse box. Picks up power off the headlight wire. (Sorry it EMS - Engine Management System) The EMS come with everything you need for install.

1 Control Box
2 Wide Band O2 Sensors
1 Easy Turn Wire Connector
1 Fuse Box Decal
1 ECU Shipment Box
1 Customer Information Data Sheet

Here the link to their website: Revolution Performance Precision? EMS

RevPerf website has instruction and webcasts. They also have great support. I read a lot of good reviews on their top end kits.

One problem with the PCV is your stuffing a lot of wire under your seat and need reprogramming with ever modification. Some people like being able to manipulate their settings. PCV has a Autotune that works well.

IMG_20130602_101729.jpg

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Be interested to see how you like it , wouldn't be a candidate for my bike though since they only go back to 04 and later models at this time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i talked to fuel moto today,think im gonna go with power vision.its nice that you dont have to leave anything attached to bike under seat or elsewhere

·
USMC
89 Posts
I have 2011 heritage with VH straight shots a SE intake and filter and a VH fuel PAC and I would not change a thing.

She runs fast and cool, Just read and follow the instructions to the t.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts