Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
New to forum and looking for some advice. I have a 2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy that I purchased/stole from my uncle 3 years ago (pictures to come soon) with only about 7,500 miles on it. When I bought it he already purchased and installed 2-into-1 thunder headers on it. I've never noticed any "popping sounds" and didn't know that he hadn't mapped it. When I took it to my mechanic he said the spark plugs where white and indicating that it was running lean; he obviously recommended that I have it mapped.

My question is, what would be the best fuelpak for my bike and won't completely break the bank. Also, I'm looking for something that I can readjust as I continue to add performance parts on my bike down the line (still riding with stock air filter).

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Hello,
New to forum and looking for some advice. I have a 2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy that I purchased/stole from my uncle 3 years ago (pictures to come soon) with only about 7,500 miles on it. When I bought it he already purchased and installed 2-into-1 thunder headers on it. I've never noticed any "popping sounds" and didn't know that he hadn't mapped it. When I took it to my mechanic he said the spark plugs where white and indicating that it was running lean; he obviously recommended that I have it mapped.

My question is, what would be the best fuelpak for my bike and won't completely break the bank. Also, I'm looking for something that I can readjust as I continue to add performance parts on my bike down the line (still riding with stock air filter).
I recommend this one:

Fuel MotoFuel Moto EFI Tuner

I used it on my 2004 Heritage, and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Fp3 only a works with the newest bikes. Last few years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The FP3 looks really nice, wish they made if for my bike. I went ahead and ordered the Fuel Moto. I also went ahead and ordered a big sucker stage 1 air filter. I should get them in this week and I'm looking forward to installing them. Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for the advice. I installed the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner and big sucker on Saturday. All I can say is WOW! had no idea it would make that big of a performance difference. Literally felt like I took the training wheels off. Money well spent, thanks again for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts