Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us are looking for someone who has bought & installed their head pipes (fullsac) if you have experience or knowledge of..please share with us ... thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fullsac is a quality product that has easy to follow instructions (with pictures for knucklheads like me) If you want true dules for a reasonable price I say go for it....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been running the Full-Sac for over 3yrs with no problems. Install is pretty straight foward...it comes with great instructions.Removing the Y pipe is the hardest part,and watch your alignment and clearance on the left side. It's a great poor mans true dual....the differance in price compared to V&H head pipes is all in the heat shields you get with the V&H

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
I have been running the Full-Sac for over 3yrs with no problems. Install is pretty straight foward...it comes with great instructions.Removing the Y pipe is the hardest part,and watch your alignment and clearance on the left side. It's a great poor mans true dual....the differance in price compared to V&H head pipes is all in the heat shields you get with the V&H
So after install did you have to have a remap and do you have high flow a/c?
thanks D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I already had a high flow a/c,Hooker slip-ons and a power commander before the Full-Sac install...I have always used canned maps off Dynojets web-site...I played around with a couple different maps really could not tell much difference in any of them...I am using a map for true duel Rhienharts..the bike runs and pulls strong..never felt I lost any low end torque you always hear about...the heat on the right thigh is no longer an issue....the bike is 04 RK stock 88

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys,i put my hands on the fullsac kit,that thing is so easy to make it's silly.I have started it.I will be posting picks. So far i have made a 1 piece heatshield for the right side and got it back from the chrome guy tues. It looks awesome.For you's that don't know what i ride,my new one is a 08 e-glide classic. Stay tuned.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Thanx guys,i put my hands on the fullsac kit,that thing is so easy to make it's silly.I have started it.I will be posting picks. So far i have made a 1 piece heatshield for the right side and got it back from the chrome guy tues. It looks awesome.For you's that don't know what i ride,my new one is a 08 e-glide classic. Stay tuned.
Great keep us posted, I have 07 ultra. Had a 06 RKC w/RH true duals and loved the sound. Like to know if you have high flow a/c, PC, type of mufflers, or other modes and most important the sound.
D:thumb

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darien,the head pipes are at the coating guy,i'm not changing stock pipes just yet,and no map stuff required. I've shot the pics during all this and will post w/ my opinion when done.I have though heard this setup before and I very much liked it.I like the stock sound. The reason for me to do it is for A) rt. side heat. B) more even sound out the back.Not for power & noise. Not sayin I won't change things later.(don't tell the wifey.:mwink)

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
cant wait to see what this looks like when you get it done

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
^^^ nice are you gonna sell these or just making it for you

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Darien,the head pipes are at the coating guy,i'm not changing stock pipes just yet,and no map stuff required. I've shot the pics during all this and will post w/ my opinion when done.I have though heard this setup before and I very much liked it.I like the stock sound. The reason for me to do it is for A) rt. side heat. B) more even sound out the back.Not for power & noise. Not sayin I won't change things later.(don't tell the wifey.:mwink)
Thanks alot, I know about the heat as everyone else does,big issue.
As for the sound well:1drink might just need to open it up alittle--just a little. Wife said it was gay when I brought it home,no offense.
Will see--maybe a sound tape of before and after the swap?
til then good day
D

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ nice are you gonna sell these or just making it for you
I'm not in a position to sell these,just a heads up fer you guys, that making yer own is an option, besides they are too close to f-sacs.:mwink

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
I'm not in a position to sell these,just a heads up fer you guys, that making yer own is an option, besides they are too close to f-sacs.:mwink
maybe you could make me a set or two :1drink ill trade you some beer for them lol I will have you looking like :liz:

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe you could make me a set or two :1drink ill trade you some beer for them lol I will have you looking like :liz:
Guess I fergot to mention that in CAN. our $ isn't worth:stac: so buying that f-sac kit would cost more than I can get it made fer here.The F-S kit is only 189.00 no biggy fer you U.S. dudes.I would recomend getting the kit in black because their chromy one goes grey very quickly and looks bad. Trust me..The jig was made from....never mind.:D

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update...finally

As mentioned above, a 1 piece heatsheild was made out of reg.auto exaust pipe.the stock 2 piece are required to be turned upside down after this job to hide the org. cut out from the Y .(UGLY,i.m.h.o) the clamp tabs from orig.two pcs.were remove carefully,(drill&grind)to re-weld to the new 1 piece.Pretty'd up & chromed (might have to post pics from work???) this p.o.s isn't letin me..

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
here's the 1 piece heat shield completed.and a shot of the tabs to save & re-weld.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
removed the all heat shields except front cyl. one, pipes and o2 sensor then protect tranny cover,remove the Y pipe. you'll have to pound it out w/hammer & 2x4 in the lower section of the y after all the clamps are off, lots of wd-40.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The rt. side straight piece was also made of auto exaust,same diameter & length & gauge (pic's decieving)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts