Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another thread, somebody mentioned to slow down and enjoy the scenery. It reminded me of one of the funniest things that ever happened to me on a bike. My best friend and I used to ride a lot in the Texas Hill country. There is amazing scenery, and no traffic.

We were riding 335, 336 and 337 and these roads go through some very large private ranches. One in particular is owned by the family that owns HEB grocery stores. Anyhow, this ranch is stocked with a lot of wild species native to Africa. As you ride by, you see all manner of antelope, giraffe, gazelle, rams, etc. you get the idea. Anyhow we were on our sportbikes and zipping by the ranch at close to triple digits. Of to my left in one of the fenced areas I see a HUGE bird and it's two young. I quickly point to them so my buddy could notice.

At our next rest stop, we talked about the birds. They were bigger than any ostrich I had ever seen and I thought ostriches were the biggest bird in the world. He was equally amazed.

Several months later, we were on the same road. Only his time I was crawling along at 35 mph and my buddy knew exactly why. I wanted to see if could catch another glimpse of these birds. Sure enough, there they were, standing in the same place they were before. They were statues!!

We laugh about that to this day!!

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Been there, done that. It is embarrassing when you realize that you were looking at a big piece of metal thinking it was alive.

·
Banned
482 Posts
Those dang deer statues have got me several times.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Where we live u don't put a deer statue in your yard these hunters from other states come here to shoot sika deer. An they will blast them to shreds. A friend had a goat once it was a nice goat. Kinda looked like a sika deer. Stupid goat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts