Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to replace the idiot lamps on an FXDL? There’s 5 tiny bulbs set into the headlamp mount for turn signal, oil pressure, high beam, and neutral. I was trying to figure out why the high beam keeps cutting out on me when the whole plastic assembly crumbled in my hands. I have a part numbers list of the individual components, but no part number for the whole assembly. The dealer tells me the lamps are obsolete, but I did find the main bezel at nosoemparts.com. Has anyone tried to replace the lamps with LEDs?
C6EBAB71-D603-4926-8AD6-C290C51F7C70.jpeg

·
Retired citizen
24,076 Posts
Yep obsolete part. Try contacting Bill's Custom Cycles aka Bill's Bike Barn. Bill's has huge stock and supply of OEM new old stock H-D parts, obsolete stuff.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I found the below on ebay. Probably not exact and it has wire cuts, but should be worth $20 to try it.
ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/07-HARLEY-FXD-DYNA-SUPER-GLIDE-Instrument-Lights-Display/402675998189?hash=item5dc15c1ded:g:KSsAAOSw3kBgGwat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. There’s supposed to be a 10 pin plug in for this harness, but it’s buried inside the upper frame box section, I guess. I’m pulling on the harness to expose the plug, but the wires won’t budge. yes, I’ve cut the cable ties. Anyone have any tips?

·
Retired citizen
24,076 Posts
Spray silicone down the wires inside the frame neck, they'll slide easier. Also there's some cable ties at the frame down tube area below the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts