Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, I just purchased a 2002 FXDWG3 with 3100 Miles's and have a few questions as my last ride was a 1200 custom sportster. First off the owner told me there were only 2000 of these machines put out by Harley, is this true ? Also he told me it was a screaming eagle and I haven't found any screaming eagle markings on it. What would you guys think a fair price would be? It is absolutely mint with zero marks or wear. Lastly I want to yank the factory pipes off and wanted some recommendations .

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My 02 WG had 13,000 miles on it and it is a cream-puff . Not a mark on it anywhere . Previous owner was asking $10,500.00 2-years ago . I bought it for $9500.00 & it came with 6-different seats -a W/S and 4 chrome K&N oil filters-3 different sissy bars- like new tires with a spoke and a mag rear wheel with extra tire . 3-new in the box quick-release sissy bar brackets. A new Harley Davidson quality HD cover- mid controls with forward controls in the box along with all linkage & separate inner primary cover .
I'd go with 2" drag pipes with removable baffles for that sweet Harley sound !
Oh yeah , first thing I did was to replace the cam chain tensioners with Harley's hydraulic up-grade kit which includes a high capacity oil pump .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Pipe recommendations? Personally, I think the Vance & Hines LONG SHOTS look better on the Wide Glides than anything else. I've had two other sets of pipes on my bike (including Big Radius) and the Long Shots look and sound the best.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any pics of the long shots on your wide glide? Did you rejet the carb or is yours fuel injected? If you rejetted what numbers did you use( a starting point for me ).

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Yes he is right. Those bikes had Screamin Eagle heads but other than that there weren't any markings showcasing it as a Screamin Eagle. If I recall, they had something like 90 HP out of the factory. They are CVO bikes. The first falf of '02 they were blue with silver leaf flames. The second half was black with 24K gold leaf flames. Around 1250 of each were made. They are lowered in the back with Fox shocks and lowered in the front with a 34 degree rake as opposed to the then stock 32 degree. They have 140 tires on the back and have ostrich enlayed seats.

This is about all the information I have been able to find for you.

-Rohan

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the feedback I appreciate all the help and info given on this forum. You all ride safe!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts