Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here no sure if posting in right place. I have 91 fxr just put new battery in 3 months ago replaced voltage regulator. Bike fired right up from starter push button. I installed about year ago. Has electric start works seldom. I rode 400 mile trip no problem rode 10 miles or more daily for month. Rode 15 miles turned of at store no start , turning over but no go. I’m lost first bike and got work on it myself. Turn signals have gone out to has badlands module

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
Check your plug for regulator at motor,hot wire to battery. Get a manual for your bike. Check stator output. Google it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your plug for regulator at motor,hot wire to battery. Get a manual for your bike. Check stator output. Google it.
Bought manual doesn’t help much bikes been rebuild and wired before I bought has digital speedometer different lights handlebars and all

·
Registered
49 Posts
ALWAYS request ALL the OEM / STOCK "take-off" PARTS when you PURCHASE a Modified Bike ...

Start disconnecting anything you can that has been MODIFIED & see if your BATTERY will CHARGE completely UP

Disconnect the Turn Signals with the "BADLANDS" Module

Disconnect your DIGITAL Playground SPEEDOMETER

CHECK (double check) your Voltage Regulator PLUG as it ENTERS the PRIMARY Case (I use a mechanical Metal dongle to keep this PLUG firmly SEATED)

IMHO - FXR's ( and DYNA's too) have a bad habit of having WIRES (inside the HARNESS) break & mess with the Speedometer & Odometer & Turn Signals
(unfortunately - to TEST & / or FIX these PROBLEMS requires the removal of your GAS TANK)

[email protected]@D LUCK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you my friend, I was starting to think I was going to have to do that

·
Registered
8 Posts
ALWAYS request ALL the OEM / STOCK "take-off" PARTS when you PURCHASE a Modified Bike ...

Start disconnecting anything you can that has been MODIFIED & see if your BATTERY will CHARGE completely UP

Disconnect the Turn Signals with the "BADLANDS" Module

Disconnect your DIGITAL Playground SPEEDOMETER

CHECK (double check) your Voltage Regulator PLUG as it ENTERS the PRIMARY Case (I use a mechanical Metal dongle to keep this PLUG firmly SEATED)

IMHO - FXR's ( and DYNA's too) have a bad habit of having WIRES (inside the HARNESS) break & mess with the Speedometer & Odometer & Turn Signals
(unfortunately - to TEST & / or FIX these PROBLEMS requires the removal of your GAS TANK)

[email protected]@D LUCK
I took my 06 xlr 883 to dealer & had them remove all aftermarket addons & put it back to stock.
$675 later it runs like a top. A big ass thumping street screamer.
Carb was missing parts & rejetted.
Wiring harness for rear lights a hacked up electric tape wad.
Replaced.
I feel it was money well spent to let the experts do it right.
Harley Haven Columbia SC did me right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts