·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Calipers Automotive lighting Wood Tool

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Hi,
Please help me my 2016 breakout isn’t starting! The starter motor sounds really sluggish and doesn’t have the power to start the bike, I have tried different batteries and they do the same thing. My bike was left for 10 months at a friends place while I was out of town so not sure if it was tampered with or not! When I looked around the bike I noticed a exposed 4 pin plug dangling down under the exhaust not joined to anything so I need to identify this plug and whether or not it’s meant to be plugged into anything or not and if it has something to do with bike not starting. I have attached photos of the plug, Any info would be much appreciated regards matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers guys, that would make sense being the stock exhaust actuator, any ideas on what would make the bike’s starter motor sound and act sluggish? Like there is enough power to crank it properly if at all !! even after I changed batteries and hooked up my Nissan patrol Ute battery with 650cca it still would couldn’t crank over and barely turned. I do have 10 month old fuel in there but can’t get enough crank to see if it will start on old fuel or not. any thoughts or ideas before I take it into Harley Davidson store?! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also there were no fault codes just LO RNG, is it possible that if the bike can’t get fuel or the fuel line loses pressure or the sender is faulty that the bike has a safety sensor that allows it not to crank over properly or at all? Just a thought thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try that in the morning, is this something that can happen from the bike sitting unused for 10 months as it was working 100% fine prior to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok great!!, just another peace of information to maybe help diagnose the issue, Is that the battery wiring gets very hot and starts to smoke and sparks a bit after I jump it and then attempt to crank the bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts