Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, alot of us V-Rodforums members are meeting at Fishtales this Saturday at 11:30 if anyone wants to join in! Just so everyone knows.....Fishtales is located at the corner of the seawall and 25th St. :) If you want to join, just post it here so we can add to the count for the table.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! wish I could make it... :( Take a few pics and post up when you get back.... and have a good time... :)
I wish ya could, too, Brent! I'll make sure to post lots of 'em. Might take a few days, though. I'll be using a disposable.....I've learned not to take my long lost digital camera to places where there's me + alcohol! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK EVERYONE.....I posted this also on the V-Rodforums...

I received a message from Baby Huey (Dave) last night that said that the Seawall is closed from 25th down to the east. Cindy (Cjones) confirmed this today. So, the best course to try to get to Fishtales is this.......When you come into Galveston on I-45 over the causeway, 45 will turn into Broadway. You can take any of the streets numbered 25th and up (27th, 29th, 31st and so on) to get to the seawall. You will need to turn right on any of these streets to get to the seawall. Then, once at the seawall, you can go left, down to 25th street, and of course, that is where you will see Fishtales.

Cindy talked to the manager at Fishtales, and he said that they weren't taking reservations any longer, but that they had several 'general public' tables that will be open on a first come, first serve basis. He said that if we were to get there by 11 or so, we shouldn't have a problem getting a table to accomodate all of us. SOOOOO, that being said.......we are changing the meeting time to 11AM. If you can't make that, then 11:30 is fine, too. We would just like to have enough people show up at 11, so that they will go ahead and give us that big of a table. Some restaurants don't want to seat a party that large until they KNOW FOR SURE that there are going to be that many people.

Looking forward to it!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also working on a little flyer to hand out, to get the word out about the HD-forums.com. I believe that this will be a good way to gain new members and get the word out, especially since the new Forum probably doesn't have much of a page rank or popularity with Google/Yahoo, etc.

I'll post it here in Word format so that if you would like, you can help out by printing some out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more update, lol.

To be able to get onto the Strand with your bike, which is where all the vendors are, you will have to pay $10. If you would like to park somewhere off of the strand, then, you don't have to pay to just 'walk' on the strand. Dave is in Galveston, and will be heading to the Strand now. He will be calling me back around 2 to let me know any further details.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Dawn, actually no, since we can't make reservations......we will just have to show up, and get a table. But, if you can't make it by 11am, then let us know your count, and we'll make sure to get a table accordingly :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, here's another.

Dave called me and confirmed that the Seawall is closed from 21st - 25th, where there are lots of vendors. Also, the Strand is moving only in an East to West direction. At the East end, you will go through a gate, pay your $$, and they'll put a sticker on the mirror of your bike. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, here's the link to the handouts if you would like to help distribute them at the rally :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, waiting for Max to post it. I don't have the same high limits here like I do on the VRF, so the file's too big to post. But, I really can't shave anything off of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, I haven't gotten my disposable developed yet. I lost my digital cam about a month ago at a bachelorette party, so I'm back in the 'photographical dark age'. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts