Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before but when I entered GPS in the search box it said the word was too short. Anyway I scored a Garmin GPS on Fleabay last night. I see there are plenty of handlebar mounts available. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a particular mount? Thanks guys.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed before but when I entered GPS in the search box it said the word was too short. Anyway I scored a Garmin GPS on Fleabay last night. I see there are plenty of handlebar mounts available. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a particular mount? Thanks guys.
What model Garmin ?

:coffee:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
Try the Ram Mount. Works great for me.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
mountguys.com scads of mounts. You can get a mount cradle and hardwire for $25. Not the most versatile mount but will give you a great idea how easy to use.

I can change it to bicycle for tracking longer rides.

Will probably upgrade to a more versatile mount someday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't remember the one I got but it was about .99 with a couple of bucks for shipping. It works fine. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on one. I actually ordered the wrong one at first. It was so cheap that it wasn't worth sending back so I made a handlebar camera mount out of it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it turned out the seller was some kind of wackjob. I sent the payment as he instructed. Then I got an e-mail from him saying he didn't see any payment and could I look into it. Well I checked my Paypal account and the money was waiting to be claimed by the seller. I sent an e-mail explaining that the money was there waiting for him. No response. Sent another. No response. Well I waited for a week. Nothing. I cancelled the Paypal transaction and got my money back in my account. He still hasn't contacted me. So anyway here I am with no GPS again. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a brand/model the would recommend?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well it turned out the seller was some kind of wackjob. I sent the payment as he instructed. Then I got an e-mail from him saying he didn't see any payment and could I look into it. Well I checked my Paypal account and the money was waiting to be claimed by the seller. I sent an e-mail explaining that the money was there waiting for him. No response. Sent another. No response. Well I waited for a week. Nothing. I cancelled the Paypal transaction and got my money back in my account. He still hasn't contacted me. So anyway here I am with no GPS again. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a brand/model the would recommend?
I wanted a newer gps w/ a larger screen for one of my cars that doesn't have navigation. Just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT. It's a great unit; 5" screen, bluetooth, you can speak the destination you want navigation to, lots of extra features, plus the LMT stands for free lifetime map & traffic updates. It's not weatherproof though, so when using it on a motorcycle it would require a waterproof case. If you want to spend a lot more $$, you can get the Garmin Zumo, which a couple of guys I know have and are very happy with it. It's made with motorcycles in mind. Which ever model you choose, I would stick with the Garmin brand. From what I've read and researched, they seem to make the best gps units...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts