Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got. 2000 heritage , it has 33000 miles on it,
Seems like I get a smell of gas every time I fill up,it goes way by the time I get back home, but this time I see a couple if drips coming out from the primary side of the bike, by the swing arm bolt, my first thought was my primary case had a leak, I wiped it up and it was gas, they don't run the gas line from the tank all the way around the bike back to the carb do they? Never notice it dripping before,
What's the deal?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
So I just got. 2000 heritage , it has 33000 miles on it,
Seems like I get a smell of gas every time I fill up,it goes way by the time I get back home, but this time I see a couple if drips coming out from the primary side of the bike, by the swing arm bolt, my first thought was my primary case had a leak, I wiped it up and it was gas, they don't run the gas line from the tank all the way around the bike back to the carb do they? Never notice it dripping before,
What's the deal?
Overflow line. Runs out the tank down the backbone and drips right by the swingarm. Tube is black hardened rubber with about a 5/32" O.D.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Señor Member
19,591 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Crack one on a sporty, makes a nice crotch cooler after a fill up, but I' wouldn't recommend smokin a cigar while riding...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts