Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out riding the other day and my bike just died on me...no loud noise, nothing crazy, just died. I tried to start it back up but nothing. When I got the bike home it would start but seems to be running off one cylinder only, and there's gas coming out of the upper exhaust pipe. It's fuel injected, 2007 street bob, 30,000+ miles, ran great before it died. I changed the plugs, the back cylinder was black. Could this be the coil? What other things could cause gas to come out the exhaust? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Done
4,154 Posts
A fairly simple introduction is usually appreciated before just asking questions for a problem and then never heard from again. Not being a dick, just the way it is. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
i ain't much help for the gas leaking out the pipes. but if its filling the cylinders enough to come out the pipes i'd make sure the crankcase hasn't filled up with gas. if it has its a damn good chance you'll kill the bottom end.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for your service Larry. Sounds like you might have a stuck injector. If you don't have a service manual get one.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was out riding the other day and my bike just died on me...no loud noise, nothing crazy, just died. I tried to start it back up but nothing. When I got the bike home it would start but seems to be running off one cylinder only, and there's gas coming out of the upper exhaust pipe. It's fuel injected, 2007 street bob, 30,000+ miles, ran great before it died. I changed the plugs, the back cylinder was black. Could this be the coil? What other things could cause gas to come out the exhaust? Thanks in advance for the help!
Could be a bad exhaust valve that is stuck open. Gas goes into cylinder though intake valve, no compression because exhaust valve sticks open, no boom because no compression, raw fuel then gets pushed out open exhaust valve. You need to do a compression check on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts