Or what should I be getting.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Got 2013 deluxe. I have cobra slip on mufflers
Power commander 5 and se air cleaner. My milagr is at
30-32. Is that normal wit the add on's.
Or what should I be getting.
Sounds a bit low, ya twistin the wrist a bit??

My king gets in the 40s, when I'm on it, low 40s, if I stay off of it, I can get 45. PCV also.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I had a 2004 Heritage with slip-ons, PC-III and stage 1 air. I got 36-38 mixed and about 41-42 all highway as long as I rode halfway normal.

I seem to be getting about the same with my EGC.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
Stage 1 with true duals and I get 36 city. However I have a heavy hand.

Cruisin with chief on Sunday we were very calm and relaxed and I got 42. That was a lot of highway though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Green Horn
40 Posts
stock my 04 Fatboy would get 42-48 mpg, after i put in gear drive and 510 cams im seeing 41-44 mpg. i think im twisting the wrist more, love the cams.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just got my 07 Heritage with V&H Longshots, V&H Fuel Pack, stage 1, screamin eagle air, and over the last 4 tank fulls getting between 39- 41 mpg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like you may need to go through a few tankfuls before find out if your rolling on the throttle more than you were before the addons. BTW How do you like the Cobras on the Deluxe? Is there much difference in tone over the stock shotguns? Reason I ask is that I have been looking at them also. I kinda like their intake also.

·
Señor Member
19,598 Posts
Sounds a bit low, ya twistin the wrist a bit??

My king gets in the 40s, when I'm on it, low 40s, if I stay off of it, I can get 45. PCV also.
I've got the same fuel manager as Gold with the identical fuel economy.

Now, if I only had his pipes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ricko: Love the Cobra's sound is deep and rich. I had SE and took them off.SE sounder like a vacume cleaner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2012 Deluxe,103" Rush mufflers ,Big Sucker. Ride fairly aggressively and get close to 50mph. I live in a fairly rural area and that helps but never had one get close to that b/4. Usually low 40's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got an 03 Fat Boy with Screamin Eagle exhaust. First fill up, 2.7 gallons driving 109 miles. 40+ mpg around town. I did make a 10 mile trip downtown and back using the interstate. I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts