Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody :)
this is my first post..so i've a 2006 nighttrain, i would change the gas tank, and i like it more smaller.
do you know if it's possible to put the sporster's gas tank?
2006 model is an injection model with pump and everything inside the gas tank..i don't know anything about mechanics :S
somebody tells me that there are no problem and the pump inside the sportster gas tank is ok for nighttrain..but someother tell me that is not powerful enough. could you help me?

cappa from italy.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Any gas tank can be put on any bike, if you have the mechaincal and fabrication skills.

Since the Nighttrain is an EFI bike, you'll need another tank with the same fuel delivery set up. You could get a tank from a late model, injected sporty. Not sure if the delivery volume is the same.

With that, new mounts will have to be made, and maybe a new tunnel to house the frame backbone modified/made and adjust it so it looks good.

Nothing that I'm aware of is a direct replacement, or will simply plug-N-play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dave63 ^_^
it seems that someone have do it .a sporster gas tank on a nighttrain 2006, in the next i'll go to see this bike.
so see you soon and thanks again.

bye
Cap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Hi Dave,
some good news, i see the bike and it's quite good, then i need an EFI 883 r (2009) gas tank, but strangely it's hard to find it.
first nothing of custom exists, maybe it's to early, or in the most known catalogue i don't find it (custom chrome, drag spec, mcs) and the question for you :) do you know some web-shop to find it?
i'm not able to find a web dealer for harley original parts.
many thanks
Cap

·
The Northern Redneck
7,170 Posts
I ditto Dave's reply, the EFI tank runs under pressure with LOTS of goodies inside the tank to make the system work...I believe it runs at 53 PSI ?.....something like that....would be nice if you could just whip out ur J & P catalogue and grab a tank, but no such luck.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts