Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
American
25,984 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have to go 50+ Miles Round Trip to get Ethanol Free for my Carbed Dyna but do so if no trips planned .. Not too concerned if going a decent distance as burning it out right away.. Is when a Bike Sits for any length of time is where Ethanol can Cause Havoc ..

·
Senior Flatulant
915 Posts
Back when I ran a "small engine" shop, bended gas WAS a pain in the a$$.

Diaphragms, seals, gaskets and fuel lines would actually 'melt' if stored with blended fuel in contact with them.

But, things have improved over the years!

The only concern I have now is ... Fuel separation and the alcohol attracting/absorbing water.

I like this stuff ... Starbrite Star Tron Enzyme Gas Treatment. Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment Gas Additive Small Engine

I'm not opposed to Sea Foam either. https://seafoamsales.com/product/sea-foam-motor-treatment-oil-fuel-additive/

I use the little Star Tron "shooters" each time I fill the tank and half a can of Sea Foam a couple of times a year to help keep the carb or injectors clean.

(After buying all of the items to rebuild my carb, one of the mechanics suggested the (Sea Foam) above. It stopped the lag and pop on acceleration on my Softail. And, that was TWO years ago!)

Cheers,
Smoketown

1 - 11 of 11 Posts