Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used set of gauges from a Street Glide for my 2013 Ultra Classic. Can the odometer be reprogrammed to show my current mileage ? The gauge shows 2600 miles and mine has only 1500 miles, I guess if this can't be done I can just not install them until the mileages match. Thanks Skip

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
Gotta have the speedo sent to the MoCo to get re-programmed.

·
Registered
38,860 Posts
Probably be faster to just put another 1100 miles on your bike before swapping out the gauges. :laugh

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know how it works on a SG, but I put a new multi-color gauge one on my wifes Fatboy and as soon as I turned on the key the orignal miles showed, I was told the bikes computer store the mileage.

·
Registered
38,860 Posts
I don't know how it works on a SG, but I put a new multi-color gauge one on my wifes Fatboy and as soon as I turned on the key the orignal miles showed, I was told the bikes computer store the mileage.
Must be dependent on the year cause mine (2005), mileage is stored in the speedometer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
MoCo won't do it (they told me), speedo won't reset itself (know from doing same mod a couple times), and make sure both bikes are or aren't ABS before install.
Clif

Forgot to mention depending on year (I went from 09SG to 12 EGU) the low fuel light\chg to MTE might not work either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...guess the easiest thing to do is to ride mine the miles needed to match before install...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts