Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cruising the net and found the answer to my problem in less than 30 seconds, I have 08 road King classic with a whiney 5th gear!
Took it for its first service on Thursday, in 115 degree heat and noticed it on the 200 mile ride to the dealer, I thought it may have had something to do with the heat, the dealer checked the 09 they had in stock and it did the same thing.
This is my first Harley, the wife and I have been in tourism for a long time and wanted a business we could both be involved with, so Outback Harley Tours it is. Gotta say its the sweetest job I've had..the bike is a black 08 classic with a touring seat and backrest, no ABS and stock security, the bars are a tad short and I'm looking to put a set of Western bars from Burleigh Bars with 6" risers on, the exhaust is a bit tame but seems to be loosening up as I get more miles on it but would be interested to see what a pair of true duels look like if someone can direct me a site?
Thanks guy's, I'm looking forward to exploring the site in detail, I'm having trouble with image size for my profile shot but my (average) website www.brokenhillharleytours.com.au has some great shots. It's our first attempt at a site, did it myself so it will get better in the future!
regards,

Kym.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome. I cant tell if a person has the option to take the bike for themselves or is it the bike and rider thats rented?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eze Rider, you get the rider with the bike, working on the other option as we speak, all about the bucks though!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Kym... Good to have you here. And good luck with your Outback Tours. Have been to Melbourne and toured NSW on an E-Glide, but haven't been up in your area. Ever ridden the Great Ocean Road?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, long time ago on an army GS400 Suzuki, its a much better road nowadays, but you don't want to do it if its blowing, you would wear the tread off your tyres on one side!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hola Mate
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Live, Laugh, Ride!
12 Posts
Broken Hill

Have just found this forum, have just registered, and while cruising through the threads, saw your Broken Hill hello. Part of my great-grandfathers family emigrated to Broken Hill, Austrailia from Denmark early in the 1900's. The rest came to America. My mom and I have always wanted to go to Broken Hill to see if any relatives are still there. Your business sounds like an interested challenge and I wish you all the best. God bless and Ride safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts